There was storm expected with snowfall near Lake Tahoe and surrounding area. We were planning to see Lake Tahoe and around but due to the weather warning we decided to cut short the trip and drive back. So instead we went to Mono Lake. It’s a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. We then stopped at various places along the long drive back. It was extremely windy and chilly at most places.
This beautiful road was trip was due to – my co-sister & brother-inlaw. From planning where to stay, packing food to eat, driving us around these amazing places to stopping at every scenic spot for photos, they took care of everything and were wonderful hosts!
Quick review of the trip
• This was our first road trip and driving around was a beautiful experience. Waking up early to catch the sunrise is an effort worth it! Would definitely recommend it, specially for photography and nature lovers!
• There are lots of things to do - camping, hiking, treks, fishing etc which you can plan if you have more time on hand.
• Always carry layers of clothes. Sudden changes in weather through the day is very likely especially at elevated view points.
• Check weather status every single day and plan accordingly. Be ready for change in plans due to weather conditions and unforeseen reasons.
• Be aware of surroundings and if you encounter wild animals avoid getting their attention.
• Plan your food because I did not see any restaurants or even small eating joints in the national parks/ lakes/ woods. You will have to drive back to town to find a place to eat.